VIDEO: My four DIY fountains


Splosh.
I finished it! I started making the "Ever-raining Rain Chain" for the Harry Potter Garden this past winter in the basement. I posted about it here.

It took me a while to get it going. The one water pump I had on hand wasn't strong enough to push the water up the hose for about 12 feet. The next pump I bought sent water in a torrent so fast it went all over the place.

I purchased a pump at a power in between the two, but still had to attach a valve to be able to control the flow, as it was still too strong. Now it's settled. Lesson learned, you have to pay attention to the height flow/strength of the pump.

It adds one more fountain to my collection. I have the fish head scupper fountain attached to the garage; the coral bell copper fountain I made, resting in a bed of colorful coral bells; and the ceramic totem fountain I bought last year at the Buffalo-style Garden Art Sale I help organize.

Each fountain is far enough away from each other that you can hear the differences in sound from each – splosh, gurgle, tinkle, and splash.

And now I have two pumps on hand. The possibilities are starting to keep me up at night!
Gurgle.
Tinkle.
Splash.

Comments

  1. Brca2 gene breast cancer survivor, Bell cell lymphoma is active now for 2 half years. * need treatment now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts