Fall house colors

Walking by this house in my neighborhood, I was struck by how well the colors of the house work with the fall color scheme. And what a great porch they have -- all the way down to the disguised "gate" at the top of the stairs. I'm not sure of its purpose, but it is a unique feature. Don't know if the colors were planned, but it works well in the fall. I'd like to build a front porch onto my house eventually (it's a concrete slab with steps currently), so I'm always looking at other porches to learn from them. Here's some others with nice features & colors.

The detail at the top, window shape to the left and variation of shingles make this a stand-out house.

I'm going to want some built-in planters when I design my porch.



Great colors, especially the subtle third purple color.


I really like their porch curtains. When I get to building a porch, I'll want curtains.

One of my favorites from my street.




Lovely house colors. This house is actually a B&B. I like the custom-made house numbers too.
 

Okay, so the color isn't particularly "Fallish" but you have
to be pretty colorful to have a Fall display like this.

Comments

  1. The porches look amazing!
    I like the second to last, the flowers really bring it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful porches! Makes me want to sit up on one of them with my coffee. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those house colors (autumn colors are my favorites) and those porch curtains are so great. I agree with you, if I ever had a porch where I could have curtains, they would be up instantly.

    Jan
    Always Growing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jim! I loved them ALL ... except I could definitely do without the yellow risers on the front steps! UGH!! Thanks for sharing these homes. Makes me want to make a trip up there in the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have porch envy.
    Porches make a neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your neighborhood has some of the prettiest homes in Buffalo. I too admire all the colorful homes with really great porches. A great neighborhood to take a stroll and visit with friends. Walking neighborhoods, what life use to be.Thanks for the fall tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fer,
    That second-to-last house is neighbor's and on Garden Walk Buffalo. Their garden looks as good now as it does every other time of the year.

    Ann,
    No coffee for me, but I do feel as though to really test out the porches to see what I like, I should spend an hour or so on each to see which "fits" right.

    Jan,
    I now wish I'd gone with more fallish colors for my own house, which was painted just two years ago.

    Pam,
    Something unique wth the riser colors is a great idea, but I agree the yellow is grandstanding -- and seems more suitable for showing scuff marls.

    pelenaka,
    Porches do make a neighborhood. On our street more people hang out on their front porches than back porches. Especially the ones with little kids.

    GWGT,
    We're lucky to live where we do. Big beautiful homes -- no tow alike, mostly Victorians from the late 1800s and early 1900s. Almost all are very well maintained and in constant updating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed the video on Buffalo and your tour of local porches. Wraparound porches have to rank as one of the greatest features a home can have. Good luck with your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those house colors (autumn colors are my favorites) and those porch curtains are so great. I agree with you, if I ever had a porch where I could have curtains, they would be up instantly. Jan Always Growing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jan,
    I'm always designing my "new" front porch in my mind. I'm almost done! It's curtains for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts