"You wouldn't expect some hostas & geraniums could actually change a neighborhood but Buffalo is proof that that can happen." - Amy Stewart (Author, Flower Confidential, Wicked Plants)
Best-selling California author Amy Stewart was kind enough to be filmed conversing about our flowers – and Buffalo & its gardening culture – while she was here last summer on her Wicked Plants tour. She was filmed in the Gardening While Intoxicated garden of Elizabeth Licata, a fellow ranter over at GardenRant.com.
The video was produced by the Buffalo Niagara Convention & Visitors Bureau as a promo piece for the National Garden Festival. It was filmed by John Paget, who also shot this beautiful (and now local-ADDY-award-winning) video, This Place Matters.
The video covers the six "components" of the five-week-long National Garden Festival:
- The 16 area garden walks & tours
- The 50-some Open Gardens on Thursdays & Fridays
- The AAA-hosted garden-themed bus tours every Friday
- Garden educational seminars, talks & workshops
- The Front Yard Garden Contest between area landscapers
- And, "Special Events" a catch-all category including exhibitions, concerts, farmers markets, and more, that feature our gardens & parks.
It also features last year's Front Yard Garden Competition between landscapers on North Parade, Olmsted Parks, Forest Lawn Cemetery and the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens.