I bought some heavy-duty eyelet screws and screwed them deeply into the wall just below the window. i used the straps with buckles from my kayak ties and lashed the frame to the eye bolts. Then I inched the frame into place onto the cleat I had bolted to the wall weeks before. It was still sweat-inducing work, but I managed to do it by myself – every second expecting it to fall to the ground smashing fantastically and ruining months of work.
I looked the next morning and it was still there. No budging. I only now have to do some spot painting of the frame where there was some chipping.
I think it looks great. The plants – sedums and hardy succulents (mostly hens & chicks) are happy. I will come up with some sort of cover for it for the wintertime. They should do fine there, but I worry about drying winds.
|In context with the rest of the garden - it was a bare blank wall. Now a dominate garden feature.|
|The plants are happy - and I didn't loose a single one in the process of lifting it in place! Hate that electric meter though.|
|The checkerboard grass needs some whacking.|
|Overall, I'm pleased. Unless it falls of the wall.|