Outdoor art for the garden

I so want this in my own yard someplace. Saw this on the Ken-Ton Garden Tour this past summer. Gotta find me some old pickets. I would use more subtle "worn-looking" paints - maybe even stains. Then I gotta figure out where I'd put something like this. I'm running out of wall space on the outside of my house.


Outdoor rooms deserve to have walls filled with art. Below are some of the art I have hanging around outside.
 Above: Well hung this summer, a tiled plaque given to me by my friend Siobhan.
A gift handmade by the Garden Fairies of Florida, a rag-tag group of artistically-inclined,
colorful gardeners around Tarpon Springs, FL. When presented, I was told the city should
be giving me a plaque for my leadership with Garden Walk Buffalo and the
National Garden Festival for so many years. Because this is an original piece of art,
no plaque from a corporate-gift-trophy-making company could ever be better than this.

 Above: A closer look, so you can maybe read it. I'm looking or just the right bell
to hang above it. I'm thinking a bell without a clapper.

 Above: Wall hanging above the potting table is actually a metal doormat I found cheap at Target.

 Above: I count the dwarf pear espalier in the shape of diamonds as wall art.

Above: Hanging on the uprights of the deck are the wine bottle "sconces."

 Above: The "window sill" above the hot tub holds a collection of
antique glass telephone pole insulators I found when I was a kid.

 Above: The walls of the patio hold mirrors. The rug makes it feel even more
like a room. Next year, we're hoping to get rid of the plastic chairs and get
some substantial outdoor chairs. Also thinking about staining the fence behind
the mirrors a subtle blue to continue the theme of the "blue room."

 Above: The grate for climbers. Still looking for good climbers to grow here. The coleus
and nasturtium here EXPLODED this year, but the mandevilla were wimpy at best.

 Above: My collection of Garden Walk posters adds color above the hot tub.
This bothers my wife to no end. It's not symmetrical. The last two posters to fill it in
can't be there quick enough for her. It's a slight OCD thing I think.

Above: The rusted metal fern sculpture by local sculpture Paul Gallo.
This comes inside for the winter.

What's hanging in your garden?

Comments

  1. Believe it or not, weather permitting, we're getting a raised bed in the garden this weekend. It's being built on the remaining foundation of the old porch. You will need to come by and take a look one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear born,
    I look forward to spending time in your new bed. Hey -- 22 years ago today you were wearing black, drinking and dancing much too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing the additions to this beautiful garden and living space. So welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for saying so Pat/Commonweeder. There aren't too many additions since you were here - I have plenty more ideas, just little time (and not enough budget!) to execute them all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts