May days around the spread

The wisteria is VERY happy this year.
Haven't done all the planting for the summer yet (boxes, baskets, and pots). It's too early. It's back down into the 30s and 40s at night – and we turned the heat back on today! But here are visuals of things happening around the garden this spring already.

Cleaned up and mulched the coral bell (heuchera) bed and got the coral bell fountain set up and working. I picked up another chartreuse coral bell cause there's a spot with too many rust and chocolate colored plants.
This is where the potting shed will go. I've started working on the floor of the shed, which will be a continuation of the checkerboard pattern pavers I've had there for years. This area is where the jungle gym/swingset was last year.
A rough approximation of what will be going there.
This is roughly the layout for the area.
Here you can see pretty much where the shed will be. The Harry Potter Garden will go in front in the soil between the pavers in the foreground. The redbuds are looking particularly redbuddy this spring.
A bird's eye view. The white stuff is the sand I'm now working in between the pavers to "lock" them in place. That's a lilac tree in the lower left.
It's been so nice (up until today) that we've already had our first dinner party on the deck under the wisteria. I'm liking the bar I built last Fall already. And I appreciate the ten-foot-long picnic table I built more and more every year.
Another project completed already this spring - new curtains for around the hot tub. These green and circle curtains replace the orange and red striped one that had hung there for six years and were looking worn. I got all the houseplants outside already. I usually don't get to that until Memorial Day weekend!
The hellstrip has been cleaned up and mulched. I was given a yucca plant from a neighbor that I'm hoping will take to the space.

Comments

  1. It is looking totally lovely! Can't wait to see your finished product for this year.

    You are likely aware, but in case you are not, that beautiful wisteria can have very destructive roots. It can ruin your foundation and pipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry,
      I know about the wisteria. Right now it's more obvious that the stem/trunk is the destructive part as it slowly twists and mangles the lattice it's on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts