Chelsea - The Art of Yorkshire Garden

I loved this little garden. It was one of seven small-space gardens called "Artisan Gardens." Designed by Gillespies, it's representing, obvious the art & artists of Yorkshire -- including Henry Moore, Barbara Hepworth, David Hockney, Andy Goldsworhty and JMW Turner. It even had a Hepworth sculpture in it.Traditional field patterns form the foreground, rolling moors in the mid-ground, complete with the undulating rocky hills in the background are framed -- with a frame -- for the viewer.

I liked the frame -- forcing a specific view of the garden reminiscent of the landscapes favored by the artists above. I also really like the dry-staked stone walls topped with side-laid slate.


Rolling stone hills represented by the rolling stone walls.

Comments

  1. The little frames give me some ideas for another approach to my little garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts