|In the meantime, I've gotten rid of ALL my grass.|
I've also attended two garden blogger meet-ups, one in Chicago in 2009, and hosted a meet-up here in Buffalo (with Elizabeth Licata of Garden Rant/Gardening While Intoxicated) with 72 garden bloggers and met some really great people that like to share garden information from 23 different states and Canada. I am anticipating going to this year's garden blogger's meet-up in Asheville, NC.
Some blog stats from four years:
- Number of posts: 530 (including this one)
- Top five posts of all time:
Magic or deception. And what’s the difference?
Tulip bed time story
Snowflake Field Guide Part 6 - The Blizzard of '77...
Have I introduced you to my Garden Fairy friend?
National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden
- For the most popular posts this week, see the sidebar under "Popular Posts"
- Most commented on post: 24 - Villandry Garden of Love (but to be fair, I publish this post every Valentines Day)
- Average visitors per day: 93
- Average number of pages viewed each day: 147
- Top three other websites I consistently get traffic from: Paradise Express, Living without Money, Garden Walk Buffalo. But the vast majority of new visitors arrive through Google.
- Top five keywords used to lead people to my blog: Tomato tree, Art of Gardening, Blizzard of 77, Backyard Solutions magazine, and Great Backyards
- Top five countries with visitors, in order: United States, Romania, Canada, United Kingdom and France.
- Browsers used: 46% Explorer, 29% Firefox, 12% Safari, 8% Chrome, others are 1% or less.
- Computers used by visitors: 79% Window PCs, 15% Macintosh, 1% iPad, 1% iPhone.
- Travel in the last four years included: Long Island; Cape Cod; Boston; Washington; New York City, Pittsburgh; Philadelphia; Chicago; Orlando/Disney; the Caribbean, Paris, Alsace-Lorraine, and the Loire Valley of France; Brussels, Antwerp, and Bruges, Belgium; Rome, Italy; London, England; Edinburgh, Scotland; Amsterdam, Holland; Munich, Frankfort, Berlin and Potsdam in Germany; Salzburg, Austria; Sayulita, Mexico; Athens, Greece; Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa and the Dead Sea in Israel. And Canada (if a couple trips to Ikea counts). Travel posts are listed by country in the sidebar to the right in the "Labels" column.